Why join Employment Hero?
- LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
- The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
- Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
- Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
- LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
- Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
- Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
- GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
- HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
- HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
- HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
- LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
- Dynamic Business Top 10 Entrepreneurs, our CEO Ben Thompson ranked #2
- BRW Most Innovative Companies 2015
- Anthill Smart 100 List 2015
- Startup Daily Top 50 Emerging Leaders 2015
- HRD Employer of Choice Award 2015
- Aon Hewitt Best Employers 2013
This is a business to business sales role. The focus of the role is developing new business opportunities for our disruptive HR/Fintech platform. You will be selling within the SME and mid-market space and speaking to C-Level Executives and HR stakeholders from all industries.
As an Account Executive, you’ll be responsible for developing and executing your individual portfolio sales strategy within the AE teams’ wider strategy.
In this role, you'll utilise warm leads from marketing and the SDR team to pitch, demo, present, and win new business.
Lead generation has a hybrid model with a 70/30 split between your calendar already filled from our energetic SDRs and self-generated opportunities through prospecting, networking and developing strategic partnerships.
Key to success in this role will be proven SaaS sales experience, self-management skills, influence and persuasion skills, and a commitment to continuous improvement. This role also requires tenacity in utilising closing skills to drive results.
New Business Development
- Consultative selling – work with client organisations and leads to understand their needs and craft learning solutions to address these needs
- Devise a strategic sales approach to expand and advance sales opportunities ● Prospect for potential new clients and convert into increased business ● Cold-call as appropriate within market segments and geographic areas to build and maintain a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Maintain 3 x your target in the pipeline for the month.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging networks ● Identify potential clients and the decision makers within the client organisation ● Research and build relationships with new clients
- Plan strategic approaches and pitch persuasively
- Actively identify business opportunities through the tendering process ● Prepare and present proposals responses that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion
- Adapt style to persuade and negotiate appropriately
- Qualify opportunities from your SDRs, run the sales cycle and close the sale ● Meet your assigned targets / quotas
- Meet our world class SaaS metrics including target close rates, avg deal size, ARPU, sales cycle/ time to close
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services and products
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop Employment Hero’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Submit accurate weekly progress reports - pipeline & forecast.
- Ensure all customer / client data is accurately entered and maintained in our CRM system, Salesforce
- Ensure all pipeline reporting and data is entered into Salesforce
- Seek solutions to current problems both internally and externally and within the market ● Introduce first to market ideas that have not been considered or implemented ● Disrupt the market
- Capture customer ideas and requests for new product features and feed this back to the product team
- Monitor research and development of other organisations in our market to ensure Employment Hero develops solutions faster than our competitors
- 2+ years experience in B2B sales
- 2+ years selling SaaS would be ideal
- Experienced selling to SMBs
- Proven sales track record
- Clear experience developing and winning new business
- Uncapped commission (OTE £90,000+)
- Work from home
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Virtual yoga classes
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations